Learning objective and success criteria:
- To make snacks that are tasty, healthy and cute
- I can make Banana Bears
- I know how to cook safely
- Share with children that today we’re making Banana Bears.
- First ask children what they think it means to cook safely in the kitchen.
- Share handout on food safety with children, and talk through all the steps.
- Show slide and describe steps for making Banana Bears.
- Guide children as they all make Banana Bears.
- Lead a conversation on the reasons why this is a healthy recipe.
- Slides with instructions, including handout on food safety
- Bananas (1 per child + 5 extra)
- Natural yogurt (1 pot per class)
- Box of blueberries
- Box of strawberries
- Mini chocolate chips or large dark chocolate bars (2)
- Plastic sandwich bag (5 per class)
- Plastic knives (1 per pair of children)
- Plate (1 per child)
- Chopping board (1 per pair of children)
- Napkin (1 per child)
- Scissors (1 per class)