Learning objective and success criteria:
- To make a tasty, healthy recipe using vegetables
- I can make hummus
- I can make Veggie Boats
- Discuss learning from previous lesson.
- Explain we are making hummus and veggie boats today!
- Talk through steps to make hummus.
- Make hummus in table groups.
- Explain how to make veggie boats.
- Make veggie boats in table pairs.
- Evaluate veggie boats.
- 4×400 g cans of chickpeas
- 8 tsp of tahini
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4×50 g of sun dried tomatoes
- 2 tsp of crushed sea salt
- 12 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 7 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 5 slices of cheddar cheese
- 5 small sweet peppers
- Food processor
- Small chopping board (1 per pair of children)
- Tablespoon (1 per child)
- Knives that are safe for children to use (1 per pair of children)