21 lessons about healthy balanced eating for children aged 6-9.
Why are potatoes, rice and pasta vital for our brains? Why is it a crime to skip breakfast? Why are eggs so good for our bodies? These and many other questions will be explored as part of this learning unit called Happy Snacks. The unit consists of 21 lessons and three main strands: ‘Learning’ about the science of healthy eating, ‘Cooking’ healthy, tasty and affordable snacks, and ‘Growing’ our own food.
- Take a look at the various learning activities, using the menu on the right.
- Read a summary of the main healthy eating recommendations.
- Read a short summary about the obesity, and its causes and solutions.
- To find out if you or your child are a healthy weight, use the NHS healthy weight calculator.
- Read the Overcoming obesity report explaining the complex causes and likely solutions to tackle obesity (by The McKinsey Global Institute).